Designing a website: Your website is more than just a pretty picture. Websites will vary from company to company, some maybe 1-2 pages, ...
Designing a website:Your website is more than just a pretty picture. Websites will vary from company to company, some maybe 1-2 pages, while others are huge databases containing entire product catalogues. the only way the customers would be judging your business initially, would be by the appearance of your site.
Consider the following points while designing your site:
- Give a full description of not only your company, but, the product or service you are selling.
- Put up the picture of the product your selling however do not use too many images or large graphics. Graphic images takes long time to download and users may get frustrated if your site takes too long to load.
- In case you are dealing in more than one product, catalogue format may be appropriate to display the items.
- Provide an email link as this will enable the customers who would like to ask for more information about your product or service.
- Provide links from your site to other sites, which you think that your customer would be interested in.
- Keep the resolution of your photos just enough to look good on the screen images with higher resolution takes longer time to load.
- Make periodic checks of your site and review your pages and links to other sites.
- Update your site on a regular basis with product news, blog posts and so on. Include a "what's new" button so that visitors can quickly find out what has changed.
- Monitor the number of hits that your website is attracting. it is important to know how many customers are visiting your site to judge the success of your site.
- Remember that most internet users search the net for information provide free information relevant to the product you are selling.
- Provide links to all the other pages in the site. This will ensure that your visitor will not get lost in your site